Filed under: Planning | Tags: gardening, hackney, mulch, permaculture, pie, pogo cafe
Welcome, this blog will chart the permaculture ambitions of Robin, Laura and Claudia, beginning with the conversion of the back garden of 33b Farleigh Road from an overgrown and unused bit of urban space into a haven of all things edible and beautiful.
We had our first meeting last week and drew a lovely garden plan which i will scan and put up here soon as i can get it back from Laura.
Immediate activities include
- setting up a compost using palettes found nearby, mulching using cardboard, compost/food waste/leaves and ripped newspapers,
- building a cold room/green house kinda thing using old windows,
- making a pond with a bathtub that was being chucked from the basement flat,
- exploring the reuse of grey water recycling,
- inspecting what is already growing in the garden to see if anything is worth rescuing before we mulch
- accosting as many friends as possible to help out!
We are planning to get up early on recycling day and go and raid all of the food waste bins which get put out on the street!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment